ZEISS Axioscope 5
Your Smart Microscope for Biomedical Routine and Research
This smart microscope system equips Axioscope 5 with a high-performance LED source and a sensitive microscope camera to document your samples in transmitted light or fluorescence. It’s never been easier to acquire fluorescent images consisting of up to four different channels. Now, instead of going through a process of at least 15 steps with a manual microscope, all you have to do is push a button.
In the past, documenting samples with multiple fluorescent labels in your routine lab could be time consuming. To get best image quality, you needed to manually switch filters, adjust illumination intensities and exposure times and to snap each single channel image. For four different channels, this could sum up to 15 steps and clicks. With Smart Microscopy, this is a thing of the past. Axioscope 5 with Axiocam 202 mono and Colibri 3 LED illumination take this workload from you. You don’t even need to move your hands from the microscope stand anymore. All you have to do is focus and press Snap – and you’re done! You can now concentrate on the essence of your job and let Axioscope 5 work for you. You’ll work more efficiently, save time and produce high contrast images with best image quality.
Highlights of Axioscope
Combine Axioscope 5 with the LED light source Colibri 3 and a sensitive ZEISS Axiocam camera to have the perfect setup for easy multichannel fluorescence documentation.
Switch effortlessly between the channels for UV, blue, green and red excitation. Just select the relevant channels and press Snap.
Axioscope 5 makes documenting your specimens very efficient. The color impression shows up in the camera image exactly the same as it appears through the eyepieces. This smart microscope makes automatic adjustments for brightness and white balance to keep digital documentation easy.
Axioscope 5 uses its LED to provide powerful illumination with high color fidelity. You will clearly see the subtle differences in your sample. And experience all the advantages of LED illumination such as
- stable color temperature
- low energy consumption
- long lifetime
This is Smart Microscopy
Digital Documentation Made Easy
Used in combination with Axiocam 202 mono or Axiocam 208 color, you have the full advantage of a smart standalone microscope system. Camera settings such as white balance, contrast and exposure time are done automatically. Without needing additional imaging software or even a computer, you can:
- Snap images and record videos directly from your stand
- Use the mouse to control your camera via on-screen display (OSD)
- Save settings
- Store images with all metadata of the microscope and camera as well as scaling information
- Predefine the name or rename your image
ZEISS Colibri 3 LED Illumination
Complement your Axioscope 5 with the optional fluorescence LED illumination Colibri 3, and acquire brilliant fluorescence images with ease. Colibri 3 delivers the right wavelength and intensity to excite fluorescent dyes and proteins in a gentle way.
- Save time and money thanks to the long LED lifetime, the adjustment-free operation, and the avoidance of warm-up or cool-down times.
- Choose up to four configurable wavelengths to fit your needs. Upgrade anytime you need to.
- Individually control and switch between channels for UV, blue, green and red excitation – or use selected wavelengths simultaneously.
- With direct visual status feedback, you are always sure which FL-LED is in use.
- The integrated design saves space and makes for easy and ergonomic operation.