With Axio Lab.A1, you are equipped for a broad range of applications with high sample throughput in metallography. When examining structures, you analyze the grain size and microstructure of metals or capture information about the mechanisms that has led to a material defect, such as fatigue, corrosion, stress cracks and fractures. Document your results with a broad range of 1.3 to 12 megapixel digital cameras.
Polarization contrast lets you characterize hair, earth and fiber microstructure in forensic examinations of criminological samples. You analyze lacquer and paint chips using brightfield, fluorescence and polarization microscopy. If you work as a geologist, you examine rock sections and mineral samples, for example, for oil production. In environmental protection, you identify the microstructure of materials such as asbestos fibers.
- Use the 4-position reflector turret to select the best contrasting techniques for your microstructure. Add further contrasting techniques using push and click modules.
- A 50W halogen lamp and power supply are integrated into the stand. Alternatively, a LED lamp enables you to profit from consistent color temperature and low power consumption with an extremely long life time.
- Reach all the main controls of your Axio Lab.A1 with one hand.
Use it to study the smallest structures while sitting in a relaxed posture and recording each and every material defect without experiencing fatigue, even over prolonged periods.
- Use the stand versions for orthoscopy or conoscopy to examine your birefringent materials in polarization contrast.
- Axio Lab.A1 for polarization are equipped with a centerable 4 position nosepiece turret.
All purpose polarization
Axio Lab.A1 constitutes an all-purpose polarization microscope for applications in geology, mineralogy and the exploration of fossile fuel resources.
Axio Lab.A1 provides answers to questions relating to refractive indices, cleavages, double refraction, extinction angles, optical path differences and the number and angle of optical axes.
Extend your application range with measuring compensators. Choose between fixed and rotatable compensators to visualize large and small path differences and determine the relative optical character of fibrous substances. Measure cleavages and extinction angles with the 360° rotary stage.
The conoscopy stand features a logically coupled analyzer and Bertrand lens. Swing the Bertrand lens into the beam path and the analyzer swings into the beam path as well.